Sunday, April 5, 2009

Update

Things have been moving so slow for me. They say time flies? Well not when you are pregnant! I'm officially 14 weeks tomorrow. My OB gave me some anti-nausea meds that have been helping, then spring hit and now my allergies have taken over where the nausea left off. I can handle being pregnant (as long as I'm not over the toilet) and I can handle having allergies, but together it so sucks! Can I just say that men have no idea what we go through to bring a life into this world? Someone told me that the harder the pregnancy the cuter the child. Well this must be one gorgeous kid.

Our family has begun to sleep in the house together this week. I can't sleep in the trailer anymore. Our mattress is a glorified air bed that is either too hard or so soft I can feel my hips pressing into the wood. I slept inside for two or three nights alone and then I missed the family and they missed me so we now all sleep inside. Our trailer has become a really expensive closet. I bring in clothes each evening for the next day, then wash it and put it back in the trailer. Our computer is still in there too, hence the lack of blogs lately. It will all work out ok. My parents are actually leaving for 18 days to go on a cruise and wanted us inside anyway while they were gone. We just moved in a little early.

The kids are getting so big! I've been having to purchase clothes/shoes for summer and realized that Hannah was a size and half bigger then what she had been wearing on her feet! Those are those moments when you just feel like the bad mommy. So I took them shoe shopping and can I just say Expensive! I bought each of the girls a new pair of tennis shoes, church shoes, and sandals and it was way over $100 (which is what I was shooting for). Poor Ben didn't even get any (mainly because my patience was way gone and I was starving). Ben actually has a few pairs though that his auntie bought for him last year that are not just fitting, so the boy does have a pair of shoes. He won't wear sandals anyways.

Brent is super busy at the store. It's making money!!! They had a great first quarter and nothing is slowing down. He had to put in a new computer station so they could hire another medical biller. Because of my new condition, he changed his hours from 7am-4pm so that he could be home at night to help with dinner and kids. He has been great. He comes home, cooks, cleans, and then helps get the kids bathed and in bed. I have been so grateful for his help in the evenings when my body begins to shut down and I can literally fall asleep at 5pm. He has been very patient with me, but has said numerous times that he "just wants his wife back."

I have no idea if I will have two part time jobs or one next year. I did receive a layoff notice from TUSD, but it is in litigation with the union lawyers and there should be a hearing at the end of this month. If I get to keep it, it would be awesome financially for us, but a little hectic for me. If we don't get it, we will still be ok but will have to look for insurance. So, I'm having faith that Heavenly Father will give me what I can handle and I'm leaving it up him.

So that is us right now in a nut shell. I'm having a great time being Danielle's softball coach, the kids can't wait for summer so they can swim, and although the sun is shining, we really want the wind to just GO AWAY!
I'm so grateful for my family, that they are healthy, smart, and loving to each other (most of the time). I'm so grateful for a husband that is putting us first, me first, right now and is attempting to be patient with me during this time. I feel very blessed and happy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

♥♥♥ your new background...now going back to read the post!
♥Jen

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to you!
♥Jen

Quote of the moment

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of
everything. .... They just make the best of everything."