Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Finally 30...

Today is my 30th birthday. I've been told that your 30's are way better than your 20's and I'm hoping that that is true. Although I have wonderful memories, the last few years have been rough. I am grateful for my life, my family, my memories. I wouldn't trade them for a thing.

My mom, younger sister Christie, and I


Me at about 4 years old.My freshman pictureMy brother and sister and I. I was about 16.

Homecoming Senior year with Brent.

Backpacking through Paris while studying abroad.
In Spain visiting a friend.Softball at Willamette
This is me with my roommate Genesis.

Brent and I on our honeymoon.
Now a family.

I realize that things will only get better. I can't wait!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Laura! I hope you have a wonderful, memorable year! We are blessed to have you in our family! :)

tammy said...

I almost felt sorry for you until I realized that I am on that downhill slide of my 30's...only a couple more until I ahve hit the big 40!!! Whew!!! Now THAT is going to be a party!!! Don't worry... the 30's are an AMAZING age!!! You can say exactly what you want to say and learn not to care what anyone REALLY thinks about you. It is sooo true. I love my 30's!!! My kids are older and I can relax a bit. now in my 40's they fly the coop and finally I can eat warm meals again!!!! YAY ME!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA SWEET!!!!

Hatch Family said...

happy birthday girl!

Riddlez said...

Happy Birthday Laura! I, too, hope for the 30's to be better than the 20's. I hope you had a good day.

Liz R. said...

happy birthday!!

sorry i missed you at pizza the other day. i hope you had a great bday!

Quote of the moment

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of
everything. .... They just make the best of everything."