So first I should preface my story a little. Wednesday morning walking into the house I saw a huge rat drinking water from my parents sink in the garage. As soon as I screamed a little it ran away of course, but I was totally grossed out. I ran in and told everyone. Living in the country and us having the garage open to go in and out invites in critters searching for warmth, food, and water. My dad had already put bait out in the corners and things to try to kill whatever critters were in there.
Well, Thursday night I walk into the garage to put something away, and the rat has fallen into the sink and can't get out! EEWW! I immediately forget my task and run to find Brent. The kids of course all want to see it and I think to myself "I should take a picture for my blog", but Brent doesn't let anyone back into the garage while he attempts to bludgeon the thing to death with a shovel. He did end up killing it and then he and Danielle (who swore she wouldn't be afraid and really wasn't) burried the thing in the orchard. We hope that is our only friend that we encounter, but now we know they are out there. Let's just say we are closing the garage door a lot more!
1 comment:
ewwwww! yucky!
Post a Comment