The last few days have been quite the rollercoaster ride of emotions for me. Sunday I woke up and felt honestly depressed. Hormones a-ragin, I did not want to attend church. I have been lonely in our new ward. I miss my friends and the comfortable feeling I used to feel as I walked into each activity (Sacrament, Sunday school, Relief Society). I've been trying hard to get to know people, but everyone seems to really be in their own life (not that that is bad, just hard to get to know people, ya know?)
I forced a smile on my face as I woke up my family. As the morning went on though and Ben wouldn't eat his breakfast, Dani fought me on how she wanted her hair done, and Hannah got chapstick all over her new (to her) white sweater, I just lost it. I sat down and began to cry because I just couldn't hold the emotion back any longer. Brent walked up and asked, "Are we really crying over the chapstick...?" I couldn't even answer him as he tried to put shout on it and ran it under the faucet. I wiped my face and got in the car, determined I was going to church because the gospel is true no matter where you go and I needed to show my kids that that is just what we do on Sundays. I made it through fine and was happy in the end that I had made myself go.
It reminded Brent of the time though when I broke down pregnant with Dani because my Chicken Taco Salad from Taco Bell was mistakenly made with Beef. (Yes I cried uncontrollably for about 10 minutes).
Anyone else have any good pregnacy emotion stories? I did have a check up with my OB and he says that everything looks good and I have an ultrasound scheduled for May 28th. I'll let you know!
2 comments:
Hang in there friend!!! I know the feeling about the crying. I feel like it all the time right now, but i am actually holding back while the kids are around. It's scary because Corinna actually does see me get frustrated and she just puts her arms around me and gives me a big hug. I am grateful for all that she is and the love and strength she is to me right now. I know because of her I can do this. It's never easy adjsuting to anything while the hormones are raging. I would've cried over the taco salad as well.
Oh, I feel so bad that I am laughing at your sadness...I am sorry! I know exactly how you feel. Both of my pregnancies are soooo emotional. Mark runs away so fast I feel a breeze. That is so why I have 2 kids. Hang in there girl!
♥ Jen
Post a Comment