
Today I realized how grateful I am to live in America. I don't agree with everyone on everything. In fact my beliefs are probably in the minority now a days. Yet today was tax day, and right now in California we are being heavily taxed on everything. It makes it very difficult to get up and go to work when you know the majority of your salary will be taken away. That when you go to put gas in your car, buy clothes or shoes for your children, or go out for a special dinner, the government is getting their "fair share."
Many people around the country today protested over the cost that taxes are taking out on their families. If I could, I would have been there with them. I'm proud of those who stood up for their beliefs and for the new minority. Those of us who just want to work hard to support our own families, own a nice home, and be able to pay our bills. I'm all for service and for giving, but taxes are neither and I hope and pray that something will change soon, or I fear for this country that I love so much.
1 comment:
Amen, ditto, I agree!
Post a Comment