Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Going, Going, Gone!

As I have blogged before, I'm working on how I feel. I've been working out during nap times because I just can't get out of bed if J isn't waiting for me. It's been working out ok, but today Ben took an unusually short nap, so I had to think of a way to get a workout in and keep Ben occupied. Not an easy task! So I thought, I have to pick up my girls, I can just walk and do it instead of driving around. Save gas, get excersize, entertain Ben. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it in time to pick up Dani, so I had Brent on standby just in case. The first part of the walk went really quickly and I actually got there way too early! I took Ben over to the park to play and then we went back to get Hannah. Then got then re-situated with water and apples and took off again. I had to stop twice to break up some fight. Brent called at 3:05 and I was close, but not sure if I was going to make it, so I had him meet me at Kelly. I was five minutes late getting there, so I'm glad Brent went. I was still feeling good, but wasn't sure if my kids were going to be able to make it home with me. Dani insisted that she wanted to walk, so off we went. She got tired half way home and she and Hannah switched. (I took our Bike carrier. It is much easier to push than our stroller and the two little ones have more room to wiggle.) Hannah then got tired, so I put her on top. At Shulte and Corral Hollow I got a call from a friend to meet her at the park near Villa, so we went straight there. All in all I walked 4.54 miles today. I actually feel really good. My feet hurt a little (I need new shoes!), but other than that I'm doing ok. (I'll let you know how I feel in the morning!) I went to Map my run .com to figure out the distance. It sounds about accurate and I was really proud of myself for pushing it and not giving up. That is one of the reasons I'm so passionate lately about my venture. I'm so tired of thinking I can't do something because of my weight or because I'm so out of shape. I want to feel like I can do anything! And at least for tonight, I do!

1 comment:

tammy said...

Congrats on your venture!!! It sounds like you are going to be shedding pounds and more importantly feeling good!!!!

Quote of the moment

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of
everything. .... They just make the best of everything."