The valley fog sets in and makes me feel like I'm inside a snow globe with no way of escaping. It makes me feel claustrophobic and want to claw my way out.
Then there is always the sickness. Every year for some reason we get sick in January. This year is no different. We went the rounds with strep throat, with some having to take two doses of antibiotics to get rid of it, ear infections set in, and then the dry cough that comes with pumping the heaters inside the house and car came.
Even now we are still trying to overcome that January fog that has settled and lingers throughout my bones. Therefore there are no cute pictures, no fun outings, just lots of movies, hot chocolate, and many many pajama days.
At least my kids are still little enough that they loved to cuddle with their mom. Ok. So there is that...

2 comments:
I second this motion. Blech.
Ditto. I completely agree! I'm beginning to understand why old people go south for the winter! My house feels like a cave! Wish I could snuggle with those grandkids, too! xox
Post a Comment