This year money is tight, tighter then we have every allowed. We are not charging ANYTHING for Christmas and (as my dad puts it) are having a "practical Christmas." There were a few things my kids needed, like new warm coats for the winter, that I just hadn't found the money for yet. But the deals on Black Friday drew me out. I have never shopped on Black Friday before because getting up at the crack of dawn, to stand in the cold has never appealed to me no matter what the savings were. But when your children need something your opinions on the matter change drastically.
So I looked through the adds online and in newsprint looking for the best deal. Old Navy had their really warm coats, normally $50-$60 on sale for $15. The store here closed so I geared up to go to the Manteca store. I also was going to hit the Carter's outlet, since Aubree is growing like a Spring weed, and decided Thanksgiving night to go online and make sure our stores were opening at the advertised time. Good thing I did! When I went to the Old Navy website their web page had already changed to the Black Friday sales and allowed me to buy everything online with free shipping!!!! No long lines, no cold sidewalks, no pushy people, just me and my computer getting the deals I needed in advance!! This was my kind of Black Friday Shopping and I think I may try it again next year...
2 comments:
That is the best kind of shopping. I love finding deals like that. Awesome!
Glad you got a good deal on the kids' coats. Online sounds better than braving the outdoors!
Post a Comment