Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A trip around the lake

Our second day we decided to drive around the lake to Emerald Bay. It's only about a 45 minute drive, but the view is just awesome. The kids loved hearing the stories about the castle on the island and of course were climbing every rock they came to.
The official lookout

The totally UNOFFICIAL lookout!
There is a beautiful waterfall near the lookout to the bay. When Brent and I were first married, we climbed all around on the rocks around the waterfall and goofed around. Well being 7 months pregnant there was no way I was about to do it again. Yet Brent was determined to have some fun. So he took our children with him! Yes, my children climbed down the side of a mountain with their father to the bottom of the waterfall. I was at the top praying, crying at times, that they would all be ok. It's not that I don't trust Brent, but those are my babies! Any one little slip and it could be disaster. So my pregnant, emotional brain was working overtime on all of the terrible outcomes that could happen. Needless to say, they made it down there ok, hollered up to me to show me where they were, and then climbed back up. Will they be doing that again...doubtful.

Kids at the bottom of the waterfall.
Of course they absolutely loved it. Happening again? Highly likely.

My family back with me at the top.
I was still a little upset, but so grateful they were all ok!
(Yes I'm dramatic. I've always been!)

If you go across the road there is actually a hike that takes you to a bridge that lets you see the waterfall higher up. It was a tough hike, but Dani and Brent went together after climbing to the bottom. Will I be able to convince my adventurous husband to do this one next time, probably not. Most likely he'll want to do both!

So am I crazy? Do I over worry? I let you be the judge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a scenic climb! Hoorah for everyone doing it safely! Moms are just wired to ALWAYS worry! :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures! I love Tahoe and wish we could go for a visit. I totally understand your pregnancy paranoia. I would have freaked out!

Unknown said...

No way! I would be freaking out and I am not even pregnant! I love Tahoe! It is the prettiest place I have ever been!
♥ Jen

Quote of the moment

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of
everything. .... They just make the best of everything."