Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Honoring our Veterans

From the time I was a little girl, I have been a member of the Ladies Legion Auxiliary Post 172. Until recently my grandmother paid for all of her granddaughters to be members. Growing up I didn't understand why it was SO important. But Tuesday I took my girls and some friends to the Veteran's ceremony at the Tracy War Memorial Site. As I sat amongst men and women who have fought for my freedom, including my grandfather, I was deeply touched to belong to such a great organization of women. Women who lost husbands, sons, grandsons, friends. Women who had picked each other up, aided those in need of comfort, and made sure that those who fought for us were taken care of. It made me want to do more for my country and proud to be an American.

Tracy War Memorial

The kids, who did such a good job throughout the ceremony.
Sitting amongst all the groups who protect us.

My girls with my Grandma and Grandpa Reich.
They are standing next to the fallen soldier cross.

The kids in front of the memory wreath.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

That is awesome that you took your kids to that. It's a great lesson in appreciation and honoring our military.

Silcox Stories said...

That is so cool that you did that Laura; like you the girls may not get it now, but someday they will!

Anonymous said...

A great occasion; great pictures! It's a good thing to teach kids.

Quote of the moment

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of
everything. .... They just make the best of everything."