Sunday, November 9, 2008

Follow the Prophet

Brent and I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints. Recently the presidency of our faith asked Californian's do to what ever we could to help the passing of Proposition 8. This prop would change the state constitution to only recognize marriage to be between a man and a woman. We believe very strongly in the family unit and its divine nature. So, Brent and I did do what we could. We made phone calls, walked door to door for an hour, and even stood on the street corner Sunday afternoon and Monday evening before the elections. Although it took us out of our comfort zone (me especially), we believe that what we did was right. Our church has the document The Proclamation of the Family. Brent and I believe in this whole hardily. We also believe that everyone has a choice in how they want to live their lives, but it should not breakdown the family unit in doing so. I was grateful for this opportunity to stand for something that I believe so strongly in.

Us on Sunday afternoon

Our group. Mostly people from our ward.

Monday night in the rain. Brent has Camden Hatch on his shoulders. We left our kiddos at home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you guys! Stand for the right!

Quote of the moment

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of
everything. .... They just make the best of everything."