Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Growing up

Dani is officially out of kindergarten and on her way to first grade! I can't believe how fast she is growing up. She is doing so well in her class and has made lots of friends. She had a little program on Wednesday where they sang three of four songs. She was really cute up there next to all of her friends that are boys. I think it was because she was so tall! I got a little emotional during it. I realized that she will forever be in school now. Every day she will be gone from 8-2:30 and she'll have homework and other school things to do. It just made me realize she is no longer my baby, she is her own person who will venture out and do great and crazy things. I'm not sure I'm ready yet to let her grow up, but I don't have much of a choice. We love you Dani!!


Dani singing next to Cameron and Allen
John (who I think she had a little crush on!)
Mrs. Lewis her teacher. We will miss you!

Dani's closest friends Julia, Marcus, and Sahar
After "graduating kindergarten" we let Dani pick where she wanted to have lunch. She chose the mall and had a hamburger and and ice cream cone. She then got to ride the Carousal all by herself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to our big girl, Dani! We can't believe how grown up she is, too!

Quote of the moment

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of
everything. .... They just make the best of everything."