Monday, June 2, 2008

Brent's Journal of first few days

Sunday - Traveling wasn't so bad. Waking up at 3 am throws off anyone's sleep schedule so by the time we got settled in Orlando I was tired. Our Marriott suite is awesome. It's enormous with 2 golf courses, a lake, 4 swimming pools, restaurants, and more. 'm so glad we bought our timeshare, We've tried selling it in the past, but now we've passed that financial storm, I'm glad we still have it and plan to keep it forever.

Monday - We woke up early and were at the park just after 9. Highlights of the day: Safari ride was neat. I reminded me of the ride through San Diego's Wild Animal Park. Animals I've never seen: Oxen variety native to Africa. We ate lunch in Asia at Yak and Yeti. Tried Dim Sum and enjoyed it. Then Dani, Adam, Ashleigh, Harold, and I went on Everest. It was Dani's first real roller coaster. The ride was one of the best and most creative I've ever been on. Dani was scared and sometimes the G force of the ride kept her head down. She was upset at the end, admitting the ride was a little fun by the time we'd left the gift shop and basting to mom it was the most fun ride she'd ever been on by the time we met back up with the others. The parade was fun and unique. Dinner was at Morocco in Epcot. The live music and belly dancer were enjoyable. The dancer tried to get Dani and Hannah to dance but Harold was the only one who go close to getting his groove on. For dinner I tried a flaky pastry filled with seafood, lamb, and Moroccan pastry desserts all of which were excellent. We hung around England and Canada until the fireworks show. Just before the show it rained that hurricane rain and I got soaked. Adam and Ash bought us all ponchos and we hid out underneath a vendor's umbrella. During the show the rain stopped. I had a "life" moment of sorts watching the fireworks and letting the corresponding music penetrate. I was overcome with love for my wife, kids, family and country. I said a quick prayer and thanked God for my blessings and t his vacation opportunity. I truly and grateful for this trip. The kids are so excited and Laura seems more happy and relaxed.

No comments:

Quote of the moment

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of
everything. .... They just make the best of everything."