I know that I'm not the only mother who loves her children, but really has a difficult time staying home all day with three kids that always want what the other has, is whining about something, and won't listen to a thing that I say unless it is at a decibel level the neighbors can hear. Today I actually really enjoyed myself, going out with a few friends for lunch and only having Ben most of the day. (Dani started school again and Hannah went to a friends house.) So why at 6:30 in the evening are my children just really annoying?! Here are some reasons that I think Mom's, especially stay at home all the time ones, are some of the most burned out people on the planet.
1. We are always tired! I'm not sure of one mother that goes to bed at 10 o'clock and gets up every morning without being woken up by a child tapping them on the shoulder or crying out in the night. Usually we are lying in bed just praying for another 10 minutes every morning and then hoping later to attempt to take a nap at the child's nap time.
2. We never take that nap because there is always stuff to do. Dishes, laundry, vacuuming, picking up those toys you pick up at least 5 times a day off the floor so that you do step on them and break your ankle. Then there are meals, shopping (if you dare leave the house, which I try not to do), snacks, water, juice, milk, etc.
3. If you have girls - Whining! I think whining would drive any person absolutely batty, but Mom's who are trying to accomplish something in their day, it's like nails on a chalk board. It's usually when you turn the TV on for a 30 minutes cartoon or if you are lucky, time for that nap!
4. Baby Boys - Why can't they ever sit still. My son seriously runs from one thing he is not suppose to have to another. I would just ignore him, except if I do it usually means I'll be going to the ER for something. It's funny because if his sisters aren't around, he is usually pretty good. But put his sisters in the mix and we have the pulling of the hair, hitting, biting, and the finding of any writing tool that he can get his hands on to write on what ever wall is closest.
2. We never take that nap because there is always stuff to do. Dishes, laundry, vacuuming, picking up those toys you pick up at least 5 times a day off the floor so that you do step on them and break your ankle. Then there are meals, shopping (if you dare leave the house, which I try not to do), snacks, water, juice, milk, etc.
3. If you have girls - Whining! I think whining would drive any person absolutely batty, but Mom's who are trying to accomplish something in their day, it's like nails on a chalk board. It's usually when you turn the TV on for a 30 minutes cartoon or if you are lucky, time for that nap!
4. Baby Boys - Why can't they ever sit still. My son seriously runs from one thing he is not suppose to have to another. I would just ignore him, except if I do it usually means I'll be going to the ER for something. It's funny because if his sisters aren't around, he is usually pretty good. But put his sisters in the mix and we have the pulling of the hair, hitting, biting, and the finding of any writing tool that he can get his hands on to write on what ever wall is closest.
Does anyone else feel this way, or is it just me?!
Please feel free to leave whatever snide, funny, redundant, wonderful things you have to say about your little rays of Sunshine.
Please feel free to leave whatever snide, funny, redundant, wonderful things you have to say about your little rays of Sunshine.
4 comments:
I have been a bit down because I have been cleaning for 4 days straight and every time I turn around there is a new mess! It is really getting to me! Plus Dayton has turned into a MONSTER! Help!
Thanks for validating me, sometimes only our friends can do that!
Yeah, staying home with your kids is really a sacrifice sometimes, isn't it? There are definitely times that I would rather be at work.
Sometimes it is easy to udnerstand why mothers in the wild eat their young!!!! you'll make it!!! I promise!!!
well said.
Post a Comment