Simple thing number 1: So Brent and I are in New Mexico visiting Brent's brother and his family. We brought Benjamin with us because he is just hard to keep watch on. So we are are just arriving to the airport and I set Ben down to get out my license and he takes off. So, I reach to grab for his hand and, once again, his elbow dislocates. Seriously there for 5 minutes when this happens. So he cries for a few minutes, but he acts like he's fine, so we decide to make our flight. It wasn't full and it was the last flight of the evening so we were able to take his carseat on and let him sleep the whole way there. He was sooo good!
We got off the plane and drove to the ER. It was packed, so I went up to the counter and said "Mam, my son has dislocated his elbow for the second time in 6 weeks. I just need someone to pop it back in and we are out of here." She immediately called the doctor, told him what had happened and we were back there in 5 minutes, which the doctor promptly re-set Ben's elbow and we were able to go home. I was so greatful that I felt inspired to talk to her matter-of-factly, and that she was so accomodating to us. We were at the hospital a total of 45 mintues.
Simple thing number 2: I love my family. I love my husband and all that he has done for our family. He truly listens to me and tries to help me when I need it. He gives up things for me and I know that he puts me first. It's very rewarding to know that. I feel many women are frustrated that they feel they are second or third in their husband's lives. I know I am number 1 and that feels really good.
Simple thing number 3: I am grateful for friends. I have great friends. Some that I know really well, and some that I don't. The best part is that I know if I needed something from them, they would be there. I hope they know that I would be there for them too.
Simple thing number 4: Life is too short to feel jaded. Holding things in eats away at who you are and what you can become. Grudges are for horror movies and shouldn't exist in the real world. All they do is destroy you from the inside out and doesn't allow you to see past your hurt feelings. You can either be hurt or live life. Get over it how ever you need to so that progress can be made. Otherwise you will stay in a state of misery for as long as that hurt has a hold of your heart. It is your choice to forgive.
Simple thing number 5 (last one): Love yourself. Love yourself enough to search out happiness. When you are happy with yourself, you look for the good in others. You are more patient and kind. If you want to change something, work on it, but don't get down if you can't fix it right away. No one is perfect and does everything right. People make mistakes. Let yourself make mistakes and then fix them. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I don't like it and I don't like that I can't do things that I love because of it. But I do love me and that although I'm not thin, I work at walking daily, eating sort of good, and finding joy in the things I can do. I just wish women would stop comparing themselves to each other and love themselves. Men love us for who we are, why can't we?
3 comments:
Your best post yet! Rock on!!!!
SOOOOOO TRUE!!!! I love the simple things!!!
great entry! i can't believe ben poped his elbow out again. see you soon.
Post a Comment