Thursday we headed up to the Weight Ranch. There are two old homes with just a few rooms, no electricity, no running water. The boys had fond memories though of going here as kids, so taking their families back was important to them. Our first activity was to hike up Nellies mountain to a small spring. I think everyone enjoyed it but Ben and I. We dragged each other up the very steep cliffs and were both whining quite a bit. We did make it up and back though.
A little ways up, we went back to a grove of aspens that we had carved our initials in. We had been there in 05 and had added Danielle and Hannah, so this time we added Ben and Bree.
I love this picture. It reminds me of little house on the prairie.

I was very proud of these two little boys. Ben made it up and down the mountain by himself and Nolan only had to be carried a little. Once back down at the bottom, they still found energy to play around.


After lunch Brent got out his guns and he and Craig did some target shooting. LaNell, Rachel, and I all took turns too. My favorite was shooting the hand gun pointed side ways; Craig called me "Gangsta Laura."

I love this picture of Craig! Notice how I got the shell flying. So cool!

Bree was a very happy baby all day. We only had one incident when Hannah was sitting with her in the car and they both fell out. Long story, but they were fine and we were proud of Hannah for thinking about catching Bree before she hit the ground too hard.


We had a nice day, but I was able to convince everyone to go back home to cook dinner. We had brought stuff with us, but the kids (and me) were tired. I was grateful everyone listened because Craig blew out a tire on the way down and we still had light to get it fixed. Needless to say we opted for Wendy's instead of cooking; and after bathing hit our beds pretty hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment