Yay! We got the phone call today that we had been waiting for. Primary Charter School called us to let us know that Hannah has been accepted!!!
Now you have to understand that I went in to the office last week and was basically told that there was hardly ANY chance of Hannah getting in for NEXT school year and maybe not even the year after. I had visions of dropping Danielle and Ben off to school, while Hannah held my hand crying because she hadn't gotten in yet. (Yes Hannah is that sensitive). So you can imagine my jubilation when Brent called me with the news that she is going to start on Feb 16th, 2010.
Danielle has been there for this school year and Hannah has been at Hawkins. We have watched Danielle bloom at this school and have been praying that some day soon Hannah would be able to go there as well. We have liked Hannah's teacher Ms. Simson very much and Hannah has lots of friends. But we know that Hannah can do more than what she is currently doing. She needs to be challenge and engaged all the time, otherwise she loses interested and doesn't want to do anything at all. (Remind you of someone?) We also can move without having to worry about changing schools. When you have moved 9 times in 10 years, that becomes a serious issue. Now we can move anywhere in town and know that our kids are getting a good education.
We can't wait to have our girls at the same school! One drop off and pick up will be awesome and Hannah will be getting a more individualized education. All I can think of is YAY!
2 comments:
Hoorah! We're glad for Hannah.
Congratulations. I teach at a Charter school and I think they have much to offer.
Post a Comment