Saturday, October 24, 2009

Trunk or Treat!

The church had its annual trunk or treat. This year my kids wanted to do Madagascar and so I've been working on putting together animal costumes (Dani-Zebra, Ben- Lion, Bree-Giraffe, Hannah-King Julian). I hadn't gotten everything done, so I told the kids that we could go to the event if they just pulled costumes out of the dress up chest. They all said yes, and they turned out so cute! We had everything for these costumes in the house, not one penny spent. The irony, the kids want to wear these now. I told them if they wanted they could wear them to school, but I would like to do the animals Halloween night since I spent money and time putting them together (my mom's friend Ina is doing Hannah's from scratch. She has to wear it!) The lesson I've learned this year, you don't need to spend money to have fun on Halloween. We will not be having any more themes as a family because it's just too hard, and we will do our best to use what we have.





Dani with her friend Balynn

Ben with Allyssa

Trick or Treat!

2 comments:

Riddlez said...

Awesome job guys! You all look great.

Anonymous said...

The kids look adorable! Looks like a fun time!

Quote of the moment

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of
everything. .... They just make the best of everything."