- Yes I have lost my job, but I was only getting insurance from them which will cover me until Sept 30th. Since the baby is coming at the end of September, our insurance will cover the C-section and stay. Yay!
- I also won't have to be on my feet the last few months at all.
- I still have my job at Jefferson Unified teaching Faith, which will still bring in the money that I was making this year. Although some months I don't get paid, money is still money and the flexibility of this job makes it worth it.
- I won't have to ask grandma's to babysit anymore. They can watch the kids if they want to of course, but if they want to go on vacation or just have something come up they can do it without worrying about me and the kids. I've been blessed to have help, but it will be nice to just have grandma's be grandma's again.
- Teaching all day makes me tired and cranky (hence why I don't work full time anymore), so working just two half days will be great.
- I can do all drop offs and pickups for the kids and school, allowing Brent to just worry about the store.
- Because of our currant living situation, we will be ok financially. It will take longer to pay things down and get into a house, but it is still possible.
- I can hang out with my friends during the day more!
So there are plenty of positives for losing my job. I'm going to focus on those and worry about everything else later. I'm excited to enjoy the summer with my kids. I'm excited that Danielle got into Primary Charter school and that Hannah will start kindergarten. I'm excited for the baby that will come (not soon enough!). I'm hopeful that Brent will work miracles at the store, that it will do well, and that hopefully it will help us purchase a home in the nearer future. They say that being positive is half the battle and I hope to keep hoping for the best as a new chapter in our life begins.
4 comments:
Sounds like a blessing to me!
This Grandma loved tending the grandkids and will have to schedule play dates for sure! And, Laura, we can go out to lunch once in a while! :)
Always concentrate on the blessings...it makes trials much easier!!
Thanks for this post. It really helped me, too, find some more blessings. Since you and I are "twins" in this situation.
I feel totally at peace with my situation. First, because the entire time I felt like I was fighting for something that HF didn't intend. Second, I knew I fought all the way until the bitter end and there was nothing else I could do. I just wish that someone would've told us two months ago what we learned this week. It would've been so much easier on our nerves! But then again, the district has never cared about our nerves! Good luck and we will get through this together! I feel lucky to have someone that knows exactly what I am going through and how I am feeling! YOU! ♥ Jen
Post a Comment