Ok, many of you know I've been a little under the weather lately. Here is why:
Feb 2nd - First Team meeting as Danielle's new softball coach.
Feb 3rd - Stick has two lines...That's right I'M PREGNANT!
Feb 5th - See a friend who informs me that our job shares are in jeopardy and that we are really likely to get laid off. FREAKING OUT NOW.
Feb 6th - Confirm at district that it is very likely I'll be getting laid off at the end of the year.
(You have to understand, I had just found the job share of my dreams and put in my application the week before! Thur/Fri in 2nd grade with a very competent teacher. SIGH).
Feb 7th-13th - Nausea. Nausea. And more Nausea.
Feb 14th - Brent buys me flowers, candy, a little bear, and a balloon that sings for Valentines day. I end up pucking in the bathroom most of the night.
Feb 17th - Get some vitamins and special drugs to help nausea. Tired all the time. Still going to work, coaching softball, and trying to figure out how to keep my job.
Feb 26th - Feel like there is no hope. Miserable.
Feb 28th - Talk to Brent. He reminds me that we had prayed about finding this job share and that Heavenly Father had helped me find what I was looking for. Thought that I had given up too soon and said I needed to have more FAITH!
Feb 29th - picked up my scriptures for the first time in all of February.
March 1st. - Paid tithing.
March 2nd - Attend Union meeting to see what can be done if anything. Pleasantly surprised to find out that I have been mislabeled and that I should have been returned to permanent status after being gone from TUSD for only a year. Have a chance at keeping my job. YAY!
The moral of the story? What happened to my Faith? My word of the year? As soon as life begins to fall apart, I stop doing all that I'm suppose to do and feel like I'm doomed. So, I re- pledge myself to have faith in the Lord. Even if that means I do get laid-off, he has a plan for me and I need to be open to possibilities. (We did pray about the job share thing and then I found one and we have felt really good, so my goal or hope is to still keep the job. Just if you were wondering...) And baby makes 4? Well, we will come to that when it comes out. We have a four bunk trailer. (Not that the baby will be sleeping on the bunk bed, but we may have to put a little port-o-crib in the back.) We will make it. Somehow, we always make it.
I'm turning 30 in April and a friend said your 30's are way better than your 20's, your 40's are way better than your 30's and so on. I'm looking forward to better days already!
5 comments:
it has been a busy month for you, but things always seem to work themselves out even if it wasn't in the order we wanted them to.
like you said...have faith and always know there is chocolate and ice cream!
Hooray, hooray for new BABY!!! I'm really excited for you - hope you are feeling better. Good Luck with keeping your job. The Lord will take care of you no matter what happens. :)
congrats!!
Hang in there Laura! We're all here to help you out, call anytime!
Wow, what a rollercoaster!!! YAY, it sounds like everything is going to workout for you.
Congrats on the soon to be addition.
Post a Comment