Wednesday, September 10, 2008

THE GROSSEST THING EVER!



I had to work this morning and Ashleigh (my brother's girlfriend) watched Ben and Hannah for me. First of all, she babysits for free and offered to take Hannah to school. So, the following story is in no way her fault because it just as well could have been me.
After I got off of work, I called Ashleigh to see if she could drop Ben off downtown because I was meeting Brent for lunch at my favorite sandwich place Gerard's. She dropped off Ben and the car seats to me and left. Brent and I were sitting outside enjoying our lunch and talking about things while Ben climbed around on his own seat and under the table. Brent and I weren't paying all that much attention to Ben because there was nothing he could hurt himself on.
Then Ben touched my leg and if felt moist. I looked down to see him playing in a liquid that sort of looked like mustard. The "mustard" was all over my leg now and all over his shoes, legs, hands, and then as I looked closer I noticed it up his back. The "mustard" wasn't mustard at all, but Ben's poop!!!!!! I guess Ashleigh didn't have time to change Ben while running around and it was completely saturated. So, when Ben pooped it had run down his legs, all over the ground and now he was playing in it!!!!! Then I realized that it was not only on him, but on me!!!! YUCK! SO GROSS!
Needless to say, lunch was over. I moved to the car and was able to put something down on his seat, took him home, and threw him in the tub. I then washed myself off with warm soap and water. Brent had had to go inside and tell the owners that our son had pooped under one of the tables and that we were sorry. (I'm so glad I got to take Ben home!)

4 comments:

A Hamm said...

That's one of those "bad mommy" moments that makes you cringe everytime you think about it.

Robert said...

Oh Laura! Your story is graphic and I could see the whole thing! Gross is right! Won't it be nice to get him potty trained in the next year!

Hatch Family said...

yucky!!!

Riddlez said...

Gross!!! You gotta do another blog entry to get that picture moved down the page! I'm so sorry that happened. I still can't believe how poopcentric having kids makes us.

Quote of the moment

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of
everything. .... They just make the best of everything."