The second day of the reunion was very fun. Everyone went out to my mom and dad's house and the kids immediately jumped in the pool. All the adults visited, while we 'Reich's' fixed lunch and made sure everyone was having a good time.
After lunch, the majority of the adults went on the Goehring Great Race. It's tradition. This year it was a poker race where we had to figure out clues and go to 7 different locations in town to get an envelope containing a card. The person with the best hand at the end was the winner. There were also prizes for the first team to get back, the oldest player, and the best team hand. Each car had to have someone that weren't in your immediate family. Lee came with me anyway! Of course my dad and uncles couldn't make it easy, so we went from my dad's pharmacy downtown, to Dr. Power's park, the golf club, the outlet mall, the ace train, city hall, and finally the mall. When I got back after driving my Excursion around town for 2+ hours my dad graciously said he would help me out with gas. Everyone had a great time and my team got back first!!! (I won't tell you fast I was driving. But hey I was safe!)
After the game it was back to swimming. The kids had played a few games with a couple of adults who had stayed behind and then watched a movie. We all had dinner and then they handed out prizes for the game and talked about the book that I'm trying to put together of old stories and pictures. It was then decided that the next reunion would be in Colorado, which we are really hoping to go to. All in all a very fun day.
No comments:
Post a Comment