Tuesday of this week Brent had taken the day off to watch the kids and get some work done around the house. He called and asked me what he should do and I just said things like: vacuum, clean up the kitchen, maybe sweep the backyard. Stuff like that. So that evening we had dinner with my mom and dad for Danielle's birthday and Brent passed saying he was really busy cleaning up. I'm thinking to myself, this is great! The whole house will be clean when I get home and I'll have no worries. Well, I came home to this.
My loving husband, although having very good intentions, had literally trashed the house. Now, you'd think I'd be mad, but the first thing I did was grab my camera to take pictures of the chaos. Then he went on to explain that because of the ant problem, the exterminators had suggested moving and vacuuming under the furniture and giving the house a good cleaning. Ok, I thought, what was he doing? Brent decided that he had had enough of the toys laying around and decided to put all of the kids in one bedroom. Ben could sleep in the girls trundle bed. But because Ben's room was bigger, he moved the bunk beds into Ben's room and was throwing all of the toys in the girls room. He promised me he would clean it up, so I went to bed. It didn't happen right away because I still had quite a mess on my hands in the hallway and the back bedroom. But he did clean up the kitchen so we could survive.
Updates to come...
2 comments:
There is beauty all around, when there's love at home....
Oh my...what a surprise to come home to! Good thing Brent knows how to clean up well! When he digs in he's very good at it!
Post a Comment