I'm so grateful for my church ward. There are many girls that I call upon to babysit or that just give my kids attention at church, that I feel are such great role models for my girls. I love the fact the my girls will have young women to look up to and inspire to be like. Thanks M for being such a great friend to a much younger little girl!
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Inspiring Role Models
No, I'm not talking about Ghandi or Martin Luther King, but the pre-teen and teen aged girls right in my own church ward. Today, Dani really wanted to sit with M (who I believe is 11?) during Sacrament meeting. Brent has a pretty strict rule about our children sitting with family during Sacrament, so she had to sit with us. After church though she was continuously asking about M (and driving me nuts), so I walked over to her mom and asked if Dani could hang out with M for a while at her house after church. They said, "Of course!" (which I had hoped they would). So Dani spent about and hour and a half with M and then Brent picked her up after his meeting. Dani came walking in the door with a gift from M, just beaming!

I'm so grateful for my church ward. There are many girls that I call upon to babysit or that just give my kids attention at church, that I feel are such great role models for my girls. I love the fact the my girls will have young women to look up to and inspire to be like. Thanks M for being such a great friend to a much younger little girl!
I'm so grateful for my church ward. There are many girls that I call upon to babysit or that just give my kids attention at church, that I feel are such great role models for my girls. I love the fact the my girls will have young women to look up to and inspire to be like. Thanks M for being such a great friend to a much younger little girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Quote of the moment
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of
everything. .... They just make the best of everything."
everything. .... They just make the best of everything."
No comments:
Post a Comment