Sunday, April 6, 2008

Fun Birthday weekend

I am sadly one year older tomorrow. Yes, I will be turning 29. It's not 30, which I really don't even care about. I almost wish it was 30 so then that big number would be behind me. (I realize that anyone older than me is rolling their eyes right about now.) Saturday I wanted to do something fun. Brent decided that he wanted to throw out the majority of my wardrobe and decided to take me shopping, just the two of us. We actually hit a huge sale at Lane Bryant (the "real Women's" store, if you know what I mean). I got 8 new shirts, a cute pair of shorts (that are actually long enough!), and two pairs of capri's (both a different tan color). I was sooo excited! I still need a new church skirt (if anyone goes to church with me, they know I wear the same jean skirt to church every week!) and a bathing suit (yuck) for our trip in June. I honestly dread that one. It was very nice to be pampered a bit. We had dinner and then went over to a friends house to play games and (to my surprise!) have pie. It was very fun.

Today I spent the day at my in-laws watching conference (which I really enjoyed and stayed awake for this year!!!). They fed us all day and really helped with the kids. I also received some very nice gifts and the Birthday song was sung at least 5 times. I also opened cards from my sister-in-laws (and their families). Thank you! Tomorrow is my actual birthday. I was really hoping to work, but don't have a sub job yet. Maybe I'll just take if off :). My family wants to have dinner somewhere that evening, which means I need to work out and make sure I count calories and gear up. I haven't been good the last few days and really don't want to gain weight this week. In 5 weeks I've lost about 10 pounds and am really excited about that. I just want to keep up the momentum so next year when I actually turn 30, I'll look better than I do now!!! (My birthday wish revealed!)

4 comments:

Hatch Family said...

Happy Birtday Girl! We love ya!!!

Unknown said...

happy birthday laura!!

Unknown said...

Happy, happy birthday to you! to you! That is the Sprout bday song. :)

tammy said...

Happy Birthday my friend...you are gonna love this decade!!!

Quote of the moment

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of
everything. .... They just make the best of everything."