Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Injury Downer

During our trip with Brent's family, I pulled my right groin. I wasn't doing anything crazy, just walking into the house. Nothing that would create such ridiculous pain!

It made me so frustrated! 

I have had three serious injuries in six months right around my menstrual cycle. I don't know if it is hormonal, but it totally throws off my "get in shape" mojo REALLY BAD. Nothing like an injury to make you want to eat chocolate and feel sorry for yourself. 

Of course the only way to heal a groin is to stay off of it. So...I haven't lost any weight these last two weeks. I have been on the "I hate my body" band wagon and new the only way to get off was to try to start doing something about it. Dieting alone doesn't work for me. I NEED, no CRAVE exercise. I realize that sounds completely ridiculous, but it's true. 

When I workout I feel better, which makes me want to eat better, and makes me want to be better.

Today I took a step back in the right direction. My friend Bekka came over and we did water aerobics in my swimming pool. It was so fun!  Her boys swam in the shallow end with Bree, while we exercised to a CD she had purchased in the deep end. I FEEL so much better today than I did yesterday. I'm back to counting my points and keep track. I realize that my weight isn't going to fall off, but that it will be a struggle to keep moving in the right direction until I reach my goal.  Hopefully as I continue on this path I can look back at this post and realize that it's a marathon not a sprint, to just keep swimming, and anything else that puts me back on the path to conquering my weight issues. 

No comments:

Quote of the moment

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of
everything. .... They just make the best of everything."