Thursday, July 21, 2011

Unappreciative



We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.


The things I do have
A man who adores me and only wants to make me happy. 
Four beautiful, healthy children
A Savior who died for me and took on all of my mistakes.
Family who helps us at every turn.
Wonderful friends that we can count on to help and make us laugh.
A working husband who is trying so desperately to provide for his family. 
The prospect to buy a beautiful home.

Help me to remember and appreciate the things I do have and to not be concerned with the things I don't. Things tend to work themselves out over time. There are many bumps in the road, mountains to climb, and storms to push through. Help me to control my emotions over the things I cannot control and focus on the ones that I can. 




No comments:

Quote of the moment

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of
everything. .... They just make the best of everything."