Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Patience

I've heard time and time again that patience is a virtue. Why is it then when ever we want something it goes right out the window?  We have found a home we want and made an offer. It has good bones, big enough for all of us, great backyard, on a court with only 3 other homes, great neighbors, good neighborhood, and WE CAN AFFORD IT!  ( I know!  Who knew!)  The catch is that the inside is trashed, but fixable, and the owners have insurance money that they have to use to fix the house. 


The biggest problem...She doesn't want to let go. I get it, really I do. Now these people are on drugs and have destroyed their house basically by themselves. Yet I have been there (not the drug part!) Everything was fine and then I turned around one day and my whole world was turned upside down and everything I knew had changed. It is hard to let go of something good,  and I feel just a twinge of guilt that I want someone to hurry up through their process so that I can move on with my life. Like I'm taking advantage of someone else's misery. I realize that they made bad choices, but it still makes me feel awkward. 


This morning during my prayers I didn't ask that we get the house, but I did ask for the Lord to help this woman and her husband get the closure they need. Although I still want their house. I hope they can move on soon so that we can too. 

1 comment:

LWR said...

You're right about it being hard to be patient. You just have to trust that what's right for YOU will come along...maybe just not in your time frame! We're crossing our fingers for you! xox

Quote of the moment

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of
everything. .... They just make the best of everything."