Thursday, April 14, 2011

What have I been up to???

Life in the Brent Riddle Family has been moving right along!  At WARP speed most days. 

  • I found out that I will not be teaching Faith next year, so I have begun the job hunt. Not too hard. Brent has been inspired that I really need to be home as much as possible, but as a raise for him is at least a  year away (still) and we want to move out this Summer, there is definitely a need for me to work some. A friend owns a preschool and may have an afternoon position open for me (WHICH I WOULD LOVE!), but it is not a for sure thing yet. I can also substitute at the different locations too. We just keep praying that something will come along soon.
  • We are almost out of debt!!!  This month we paid off our second vehicle, so now we have a credit card and student loan left!!  When you had three major credit cards and two car payments, student loans, etc. this is a major feat. We are excited and will continue to work toward our goal of being debt free. 
  • We have decided to sell our trailer and move out this Summer. With my brother's upcoming wedding here at my parents house and the kids getting bigger, there just isn't enough room here anymore. We need our own place. We have decided to rent closer to town to be closer to the store, the kids school, etc. We are excited and are just waiting to for a little "cush" in the bank before looking for something.
  • Most of my free time has been spent on my new favorite hobby COUPONING!


My friend got me started. I get 4 Sunday papers and clip the coupons, file them away, then scour the weekly sales adds to get great deals. I decided that if we were going to be moving out, that I needed to start stock piling a few things so that when we leave we aren't needing so much. The above picture I bought for $14!  The diapers alone cost more than that. I have already saved hundreds of dollars and have gotten more for my money. Is it daunting sometimes?  Of course. Some weeks I don't make it out, but I still enjoy seeing my pantry full of food and household goods and know that I'm doing more to save money for my family. 



No comments:

Quote of the moment

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of
everything. .... They just make the best of everything."