Veteran's day has been an important day for me the last few years. I realized that my grandpa wouldn't be here forever, so about 2 years ago I took the girls and we went to the ceremony at the Tracy War Memorial. Last year I took all of the kids. This year I knew it would be hard for my Grandma after the passing of Grandpa last May. I got a hold of a few of my cousins to surprise Grandma at the ceremony and she was very touched. It was nice and all of us got a little teary eyed at different times. We then attended a luncheon where Grandma was able to see some of her friends from the VFW. She hadn't gone to any meetings yet and they were very happy we had insisted Grandma come.
Grandma, Nathan, Hailey, and Ben
Danielle, Hannah, and Gianna their friend from school

The kids with Nathan at the luncheon.
The kids with Grandma.
My cousin Shelby and Janae came too. Grandma said as I dropped her off that it meant a lot to her that we were all there. She told Nathan that Grandpa would have appreciated it too. I'm grateful to live in this country. I'm grateful to be apart of a family that understand how important freedom is.
1 comment:
What a nice thing to do for G'ma! I'm glad the kids are growing up to be patriotic...especially in this day and age. Freedom isn't free and we love your G'pa for his service!
Post a Comment