Saturday, October 16, 2010

It's almost here (and over!)

Brent and I have been hard at work, along with the other people on the PTO board to pull together the TLC Fall Carnival. I think (hope) it will be a big hit, but honestly I just want the whole thing to be over with.

This is one of the 5 posters/flyers I have spent hours making, revising, and then completely re-doing. I really like how it turned out. I'm also in charge of the 15 booths at the carnival. I decided what they would be, the prizes for each, and had to make sure that I had everything to run the booths including volunteers. I'm grateful to Brent and Debbie who went to the high school volunteer day to get me all of my help to run my area. I was SO happy! The kids seem generally excited to be helping out too, so cross your fingers it will go smoothly.
Today I dropped Brent off at the airport. He flew to Tennessee for a conference on bracing. His timing is terrible, but who knew back in April that we would be the President and First Lady of the parent club and that the carnival would be the same week as the conference. Tonight I'm sorting through all of the prizes and putting them into boxes by which booth they go to. That way when I get there and people are unloading each box will have a place to go. I figure the more organized I can be, the smoother things will go.

I hate when Brent is gone. I don't sleep well alone (and no adding kids to my bed is NOT an option. Although if they sneak in to cuddle mid-morning I don't kick them out.) I'm grateful my parents are hear to help. Although we long for a place of our own, there are a few advantages to living with family. Off to work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice poster, Laura. Hope everything goes smoothly for 'your' day. We're glad we can help you guys by taking the kids for that day!

Quote of the moment

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of
everything. .... They just make the best of everything."