Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Guardian Angels

Sunday my sister was heading back to Texas, so we left church a little early and met my family at the Golf Course where my brother works to say goodbye. We were on our way out and I left first with the kids, while Brent was still inside with the keys. Hannah was standing on the drivers side and I had Ben on the passengers side. At some point Hannah calls out to Ben and he goes tearing off around the back of the excursion. Meanwhile, I've looked through the back windows to see a truck, driving WAY too fast in a parking lot (probably 30 mph) coming straight for my son. I realize that timing is that Ben will hit the corner of the car at the same time the truck will. I screamed out his name and he turned and looked at me then took 1 step toward me as the truck whizzed passed him. HE and I were both so scared. He ran to me and I to him and we just hugged each other for about 5 minutes. Brent came out and saw us and I explained what happened. He had to take Ben from me. It was WAY too close of me and I cried non-stop for about 30 minutes after. I don't know how many times that day I prayed a thankful prayer to my Heavenly Father for saving my son. I knew there were angels watching over us, I just never knew how close they really were.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way too scary! And we are way grateful no harm came to Ben! Sometimes angels come to our rescue for sure...at least you knew it!

Quote of the moment

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of
everything. .... They just make the best of everything."