Friday, March 21, 2008
Beautiful Spring Day
Today was such a lovely day. I love using words like 'lovely'. I don't know why, but it always seems to make me feel more up standing. The kids and I went outside this afternoon and I read a book while they played on the playground, threw and kicked a ball, and the girls even brought their markers outside and made pictures on their little table. It was just such a 'lovely' afternoon!
I've been thinking about why I don't have more afternoons like this and I think it is because I'm always worried about the things I need to get done (exercise, dishes, laundry, email, work, calling, etc). I officially don't have to work all of next week and I feel so relaxed. I do love my jobs and the fact that they get me out of my house on a regular basis, but vacation feel sooooo nice too. That is one good thing about being a teacher, you still get to vacation like a kid! I am going to try to pick up at least one sub-day next week to help the family funds, but the mental break from "I have so much to do" was so nice today that I'm going to attempt more of them in the future. You know, stop and smell the flowers, that kind of thing. Hopefully it will last more than just a few days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Quote of the moment
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of
everything. .... They just make the best of everything."
everything. .... They just make the best of everything."
1 comment:
Comments like lovely always remind me of Leah and how proper her use of words was. (famished, parched, etc.)
It is so hard to enjoy days like that even if you get to stay at home, because the list of stuff to do is endless. So, as you pointed out, you have to enjoy them when they come along.
Post a Comment